NOVICA Black and White Cotton Blend Kente Scarf, 'Akan Blessings' (18 inch)
NOVICA Black and White Cotton Blend Kente Scarf, 'Akan Blessings' (18 inch) by NOVICA at Abuja Media. MPN: 268701. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. NOVICA, in association with National Geographic, works together with talented artisan designers around the world to produce stunning, keepsake
About this item: Woven by hand on a traditional loom, this traditional kente cloth scarf is named Nhyira - "blessings" in the Twi language of Ghana's Akan people. Each strip of kente cloth requires considerable effort, and the looms are worked with both hands and feet. Each color has its own meanings in Asante culture. Black is strength, aging and spirituality, and white is purity. Rachel Armah presents a beautiful example of West African artistry.
18.0" W x 63.0" H
- Dry clean only
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
About our Artist: 'I grew up in the eastern region of Ghana where every September we celebrate the Odwira harvest festival. For me, the highlight of the event is the traditional attires worn with gorgeous bead necklaces. As a single mom, I went into bead making when a friend taught me. I hope to teach underprivileged girls bead and batik making.'...
Features & Highlights
- Authentic: an original NOVICA fair trade product in association with National Geographic.
- Certified: comes with an official NOVICA Story Card certifying quality & authenticity.
- NOVICA works with Rachel Armah to craft this item.
- Exceptional Quality: crafted with care to be treasured as a keepsake for many years to come.
- Product info: 50% cotton, 50% rayon
|Color:||Black and White|
|Item Weight:||0.63 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.09 x 3.15 x 3.15 inches|